“Employees who are recognized are 14% more productive.”
By Deloitte, Human Capital consulting services
It can be difficult for remote businesses to express their gratitude to their teams.
However, sending employee appreciation eCards is one way to express gratitude. These digital greeting cards can be customized and sent to employees to show they are valued and appreciated.
What is The Story Behind Employee Appreciation?
It is difficult to say exactly when the first employee appreciation eCards were sent, but it is likely that they were sent in the early 2000s. One of the earliest known examples of an employee appreciation e-card was sent in 2001 by the company Intuit. The eCard was sent to employees to thank them for their hard work during the holiday season. The eCard featured a cartoon character and a message that said, “Thank you for all your hard work this holiday season. We appreciate you!”
What About Employee Appreciation Day?
Employee Appreciation Day was created by Dr. Bob Nelson in 1995. Nelson was inspired to create the day after the publication of his book.
The book’s goal was to help managers and organizations find creative ways to show appreciation to their employees.
And because Nelson believed his thoughts, he argued that when employees feel appreciated, they are more likely to be engaged in their work, be more productive, and be less likely to leave their jobs.
Employee Appreciation Day became an annual occasion and is celebrated on the first Friday in March each year as a small gesture that can make a big difference for your employees. You can celebrate it every year.
Now, let’s talk more about how to tell your employees thank you!
What Are Employee Appreciation eCards?
Employee appreciation e-cards are digital greeting cards specifically designed to express gratitude and recognition to your team members. These e-cards can be sent via email or through messaging platforms. They often feature thoughtful messages, images, and sometimes even animations to convey your appreciation for your employees’ hard work and dedication.
Occasions For Sending Employee Appreciation Ecards
In the workplace, recognizing your team’s efforts is just as crucial as it is in any other field. Employee appreciation goes a long way in boosting morale and productivity. Here are some key moments to consider sending those heartfelt e-cards:
- Work Anniversaries: Celebrate the milestones by acknowledging an employee’s dedicated service. Make it personal and show gratitude for their commitment.
- Birthdays: A simple yet effective way to make your team members feel special so it’s better to customize the e-card with their name and a warm birthday message.
- Major Achievements: When an employee accomplishes a significant goal or project, a congratulatory Ecard is a great way to say “Well done!”
- Holidays: Sending e-cards during festive seasons or holidays is a wonderful way to spread cheer and reinforce a sense of belonging.
- Thank You Notes: Don’t forget the power of a “Thank You” e-card for day-to-day contributions and going the extra mile.
- Promotions: Celebrate your team members’ career growth with an Ecard that highlights their journey within the company.
- Special Events: For company events, team-building activities, or training sessions, e-cards can be a creative way to show appreciation for participation.
As a manager or leader in any company, and for the employees, you should have an employee recognition program to acknowledge and reward the accomplishments of deserving employees or teams in a company.
“Companies with strong recognition programs are 12x more likely to have strong business outcomes.”
Quantum Workplace, Employee Success Software
What Should I Write in The Employee Appreciation eCard?
When crafting an employee appreciation card, it’s essential to convey genuine gratitude. Start with a warm greeting, like “Dear [Employee’s Name],” and then express your appreciation. Mention specific contributions or qualities that you value in the employee. For example, you might say, “Your dedication to [mention a project or task] has been outstanding.”
Highlight the positive impact their work has had on the team or company. Be specific, mentioning accomplishments or instances where they went above and beyond. Here’s an example: “Your ability to [mention a skill or trait] has truly elevated our team’s performance, especially when you [mention a specific achievement].”
Offer words of encouragement and acknowledgement of their future potential. For instance, “I look forward to seeing how your continued growth and innovation will benefit our team in the future.”
In closing, express your gratitude again and extend your best wishes. A simple “Thank you for your hard work and dedication. We’re lucky to have you on our team. Best wishes for the future!” works well.
Remember, personalizing the message is key. Tailor it to the individual employee and their contributions.
Tips For Writing Employee Appreciation Messages
- Personalization is Key: Begin by addressing the employee by their name. It shows that you’ve taken the time to recognize their individual contributions.
- Be Specific: Mention the exact actions or projects that you’re appreciating. Specificity adds weight to your message.
- Express Gratitude: Start by expressing your gratitude. Let them know you truly value their hard work.
- Highlight Impact: Discuss the positive impact of their contributions. How have they made a difference?
- Use Positive Language: Keep the tone positive and enthusiastic. Avoid anything that might diminish the appreciation.
- Keep It Short and Sweet: Be concise. A brief, well-crafted message often leaves a more significant impact.
- Include the Team: If the achievement was a team effort, acknowledge the team’s role as well.
- End with Encouragement: Finish the message by encouraging the employee to keep up the great work.
- Share Future Expectations: If applicable, discuss future opportunities or expectations. It motivates them to strive for more.
- Personal Touch: If you know something personal about the employee, like their hobbies or interests, consider weaving it into the message. It shows that you know them beyond work.
Remember, authentic appreciation fosters a positive work environment and motivates employees to excel.
Benefits of Using Employee Appreciation eCards:
Employee recognition programs can improve the company culture in many ways, beyond boosting employee spirit. Here are a few matters of Employee Appreciation eCards Benefits:
Increased employee engagement.
When employees feel appreciated, they are more likely to be engaged and encourage peer-to-peer recognition in their workplace. This means they are more likely to be motivated, productive, and creative.
Improved communication and teamwork.
When employees are recognized for their contributions, they are more likely to feel valued and respected, which can lead to improved communication and teamwork within the organization.
A more positive and supportive work environment.
An employee recognition program can help create a more positive impact and supportive work environment. And the workplace will be more enjoyable for employees, which can lead to increased job satisfaction and retention.
Attraction and retention of top talent.
Employees are more likely to want to work for a company that values and appreciates their contributions, which can help the company attract and retain top talent, leading to increased profits and market share.
A stronger company culture.
An employee recognition program can help create a stronger company culture. This can make the organization a more attractive place to work and can help improve the bottom line.
When employees feel appreciated, they are more likely to feel comfortable taking risks and trying new things. This can lead to increased innovation within the organization.
How Do You Show Employee Appreciation Virtually?
To express virtual employee appreciation effectively, consider these creative and practical ideas:
- Personalized Digital Thank-You Notes: Send heartfelt emails or video messages acknowledging their contributions.
- Virtual Awards and Recognition: Host online award ceremonies to recognize outstanding achievements.
- Virtual Team Building: Organize virtual team activities and games to foster camaraderie.
- Online Gift Cards: Send e-gift cards for employees to choose their preferred rewards.
- Employee Spotlight: Feature employees on company social media with their accomplishments.
- Professional Development: Offer online courses or workshops to enhance skills.
- Flexible Work Arrangements: Give flexibility in work hours or remote work to improve work-life balance.
- Wellness Programs: Provide subscriptions to fitness or mental health apps.
- Virtual Coffee Breaks: Host virtual coffee or tea sessions for casual conversations.
- Feedback and Growth: Regularly provide feedback and discuss career goals.
These strategies align with our commitment to enhancing employee engagement, which can ultimately boost business growth. Let’s explore how Dot IT can support your HR initiatives further.
When we searched about the topic, we asked a question: Can companies effectively implement programs to show appreciation to their employees?
Let’s explore the answer..
Examples of Companies Who Believe in Recognition Impact:
Saying thank you for being around, is always enough. Although there’re companies who create culture of recognition and take it to the next level.
Believes that America’s best and bravest sons and daughters deserve better. The company’s Built to Honor™ (B2H) program links their appreciation for veterans with their promise to “make lives better.”
Care and helping others are central to Wegmans’ identity. They have a culture of caring for their employees and customers alike. They have a program called “Helping Hands” which provides financial assistance to employees who are facing unexpected financial hardships.
CHG Healthcare Services
They have a culture of putting people first. They have a program called “Putting People First” which is designed to recognize employees who go above and beyond in their work.
JM Family Enterprises
They have a culture of caring for their employees. They have a program called “Associate Appreciation Day” which is designed to recognize employees who go above and beyond in their work.
After you read some happy news that some company management truly cares, do you decided to surprisingly reward your employee?
Here’re different types of thank you eCards to use.
What Are the Different Types of Employee Appreciation eCards?
There are many different types of employee appreciation group eCards available, each with its unique features and benefits. Here are a few of the most common types:
These eCards are typically pre-made and can be sent to any employee, regardless of their specific achievements or contributions. They often feature generic messages of appreciation, such as “Thank you for your hard work!” or “We appreciate your dedication!”
Personalized eCards are more customized and can be tailored to the specific achievements or contributions of the recipient. They often feature a personal message from the sender, as well as photos or other images that are relevant to the recipient’s work.
These eCards are more engaging and interactive than traditional eCards. They often feature games, quizzes, or other activities that the recipient can participate in. This makes them a more fun and memorable way to show appreciation.
Animated eCards feature short videos that can be customized with a personal message from the sender. They are a more personal and engaging way to show appreciation than traditional eCards.
Getting excited about how this simple move can make a big change?
Let’s execute it into real ideas you can use now with these ideas.
How Employees Preferred To Be Recognized in the Workplace:
Here are 8 unique employee recognition ideas to give your employees the attention that they want and love:
1. Give them a personalized gift. This could be anything from a mug with their name on it to a piece of art that reflects their interests and don’t forget the gift card.
2. Send them on a training course. This is a great way to show your employees that you are investing in their future and that you want them to succeed.
3. Give them a mentor. This is a great way to help your employees develop their skills and knowledge.
4. Offer them the opportunity to present their work to the company. This is a great way to give your employees a chance to showcase their talents and to get feedback from their peers.
5. Give them a leadership role. This is a great way to show your employees that you trust them and that you see their potential for growth.
6. Provide a chance to work on a special project. This is a great way to challenge your employees and give them the opportunity to make a real impact on the company.
7. Give them a day off for their extra mile. It shows that their hard work and dedication are valued and appreciated by their employer.
8. A gift that reflects their values. For example, if your employee is passionate about environmentalism, you could give them a donation to their favorite environmental organization.
The best of all is having an employee recognition program.
Employee recognition program in a nutshell:
Use eCards as part of an employee recognition program to recognize and reward outstanding performance. This can help to increase motivation and engagement among team members, there are many benefits of employee recognition.
Medium to big-scale companies have hundreds of employees, which will be a hassle to monitor each one. That’s why Zone 1 gets you!
Interested in Building a Good Relationship with Your Employees?
Experience the ease and speed of launching an employee engagement campaign with our user-friendly eCard platform.
In just minutes:
- You can add your branding to our recognition ecards and create custom imagery for any occasion.
- Our extensive collection of digital greeting cards can be sorted by holidays, internal goals and targets, company values, and team milestones, fostering a recognition culture within your organization.
- By embedding these cards into your internal company portal, they become easily accessible for sending and sharing among your team members.
Zone1 is a corporate eCard platform with a goal to help companies share the spirit of every occasion with employees, clients, and even partners by providing a variety of solutions to design and send eCards.
Strengthening Employee Relationships during Christmas
As we approach the festive Christmas season, it’s the perfect time to not only celebrate but also strengthen the bonds and send Employee Christmas eCards.
Building relationships with your employees is a heartfelt way to spread holiday cheer. It’s a time when gestures of appreciation, like personalized notes, small gifts, or a festive virtual gathering, can go a long way in creating a warm and inclusive work environment.
These connections not only boost morale during the holiday season but also foster a sense of unity and commitment that can benefit your team throughout the year.
So, why not take this opportunity to begin forging lasting relationships with your employees, making this Christmas season one to remember?
If you’re ready, we’re ready to be part of your happiness!
Give our live demo a try for free now!